Tips for Choosing a Real Estate Salesperson
For most people, their home is their greatest financial asset. Yet when they decide to sell, most don’t do the appropriate research to ensure that they find the most qualified and experienced sales agent. In fact, most sellers aren’t even aware of the various steps in the sales process – from finding a qualified buyer, to negotiating the best offer, to securing a mortgage, to managing all paperwork through to closing – a process that can take anywhere from 2-6 months.
Understandably, many people rely on agent referrals from friends and family, and some simply visit the local real estate agency. Others who are comfortable shopping online may decide to work with an agent with a great online presence. All are good starting points, but savvy consumers take their search a step further to find an agent with the most expertise. They are prepared with important questions that have the potential for creating the best result. These smart sellers will most likely get the best possible price for their home in the time-frame they need.
Since so much is at stake for the home seller, below is a guide to the right questions to ask before selecting a real estate salesperson to sell your home.
- How many years of experience does the agent have in residential real estate sales? How many sales has the agent managed? How well does the agent know the neighborhood and its public transportation, highways, schools, shopping, etc.?
- Does the agent have a written marketing plan? Does it explain how the agent will attract qualified buyers? Will they advertise, conduct open houses, and prospect for buyers?
- Is the agent tech savvy, with a good understanding of the latest online trends that will attract buyers? Which social media and real estate sites will the agent use?
- Does the agent have an outstanding reputation with a record of excellence in negotiations and sales? Can the agent point to glowing references from past clients?
- Does the agent have good communication skills and work with integrity, honesty, and commitment to providing superior service? How does the agent communicate with clients?
I am a professional real estate agent working in Queens, and I have helped many sellers and buyers in Queens and Long Island. I have also served as the president of a co-op board in Forest Hills.
I have lived in Queens my entire life, and I’ve had a successful career in public relations and sales, including more than 5 years as a licensed real estate salesperson. I offer a thorough knowledge of the communities I serve, including their schools, transportation systems, entertainment and shopping, and most importantly, available houses and apartments. I am well-versed in the exceptional training and preparation that sets Exit Kingdom Realty apart from its competitors. Market knowledge, consistent follow-up, enthusiasm and high energy are the hallmarks of my selling style.
# # #